Tuesday, April 17, 2012

writing assignment

Most of my photos are street portraits, but I consider the second photo as a documentary photo because they were doing street performances, and I'm pretty sure they knew I was taking photos of them, and also this photo has a good relationship between the main subject and background. He is wearing range sports wear and other people are looking in the same direction.

It was so hard to take photos that people are actually looking at the camera, but miraculously the 4th photo I got one. It really depends on the situation and composition, whether eye contact makes a good photo or not. Mine is definitely helped by eye contact.

I took a lot of pictures in Washington D.C. When I was there, it actually was not that uncomfortable to take photos of strangers because I won't see them again, but my area is my living area, so I know some people on main street. That made me very uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment